Saturday, May 27, 2006

Avifauna and the LEGO-VAC



Lots of robins pecking around in the back yard these days. So the Word of the Day is: Avifauna

a·vi·fau·na (v-fôn, v-)
n.
The birds of a specific region or period.
[Latin avis, bird; see awi- in Indo-European roots + fauna.]

[The defnition above is taken from here.]


***

And my Invention of the Day is the LEGO-VAC ©. Inspired by my latest (and approximately zillionth) effort to clean up a well dispersed quantity of my three year old son Nicholas's tiny Lego blocks from all over the living room floor. In my vision, it's like a SHOP-VAC but the Legos are sucked into a storage area with a clear plastic display. Just take the top off when you're ready to use the blocks again! I really think this is an idea whose time has come. But then again, I think that about all my "inventions"...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home